Here is the procedure for cleaning out your conical after fermentation is complete and you've racked out of the vessel
- Attach the CIP Ball to the 1.5" TC port on the lid of your conical.
- Attach a 1.5" TC x barb fitting to the CIP and 6 foot of silicone hosing
- Attach a "vent" to the thermowell port using your 90 degree elbow 1.5" TC cap and another hose.
- Run hot water through the hose/CIP ball and drain through the bottom port. Repeat 4-5 times till most loose material fall out
- Attach a 2" TC x Barb fitting to the bottom port and 3 feet of silicone hosing to the barb
- Add 2 oz of ABW to the conical and 1 gallon of hot water through the top 4" port, cap the 4" port or feel free to keep your coiling coil in there if you use one.
- Attach both silicone hoses to a chugger pump and open the bottom port butterfly valve.
- Turn on the pump. Allow the ABW solution to cycle through the CIP for 30 minutes
- Remove the bottom port 2" TC barb fitting and drain PBW
- Repeat step 4 till rinse water is no longer slimy and conical is clean
- Check the conical by removing the lid to see if all material has been cleaned from the inside. If not completely clean, repeat steps 5-10 till conical is clean.
- Open all ports and rinse all ports with water. Allow to air dry
Be sure to sanitize the conical again before next use.