Once your kettles and panel are setup, for an effective use of your panel, you will need to Auto Tune your Hot Liquor Tank PID Controller. The Auto Tune will calibrate temperatures in the HLT, ensuring the most efficient and accurate heating. You only need to do the Auto Tune before your first brew, and only on your Hot Liquor Tank.
To Auto Tune Your HLT
- Fill your HLT 75% full with water.
- On the PID, press the up arrow until you hit 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Press "Set" to lock in the temperature at 150F.
- Turn the HLT element switch on to start heating your water to 150F.
- Once water reaches 150F, press "Set" and "<" at the same time.
- Press "^" three times, then "<" once, then "^" three times to show 0033. Press "Set".
- This will bring up FØØ.
- Press "^" two times to get FØ2, and hit "Set."
- The screen will read "AT" (Auto Tune) on top with "no" in green at the bottom of the screen.
- Press "^" to change from "no" to "yes".
- Press "Set" and "<" at the same time.
- "ATU" will blink on the bottom left of the screen.
- Auto Tuning will take about an hour as the PID makes adjustments. Auto Tuning is complete when "ATU" stops blinking!
For any further questions on Auto Tuning, please reach out to our trusted partners from Electric Brewing Supply at 906-523-2344 or email@example.com.